Friday, December 19, 2008

Pinkys

Pinkys Steakhouse is located in Yaletown and on W 4th. I've been to Yaletown location twice and it's been pleasant..

The first time, we randomly stumbled upon the restaurant and went inside for appys and drinks. We were seated in these really comfty black chairs. We ordered a bottle of wine and two appys: coconut shrimps and calamari. Both were disgusting and the presentation was pretty ugly too.. But the ambience and our comfort won us over and we planned on coming back here one day for mains entrees.

The second time was for my father's birthday. This time we sat in a booth. Our waitress was super nice and attentive... even with my parent's really bad english, she was patient and understanding. My parents ordered the steaks and I just had an appetizer (wasn't very hungry and because I was paying). I had the garlic shrimps?.. they turned out to be REALLY garlicy. It was served with a shit load of garlic on top of my shrimps too.. euckk.. The steaks were ok. I think one of them was rather salty. They camewith pastas and onion rings.

She was really nice and decided to give us free ice creams. I don't like ice cream so it was an added bonus for my father. I haven't been back to Pinkys in a very long time.. but I wouldn't mind trying it out at Kitsilano :) I think the steaks here are affordable and adequate.. just steer clear of those disgusting appys.

Pinky's Steakhouse & Cocktail Lounge on Urbanspoon