Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chada Thai


It was snowing SOO bad I decided to go home again. So we went to Chada Thai in Coquitlam first for lunch. The restaurant is very small but nicely decorated. When we walked in, they kindly greeted us with a bow. We sat down offered the menu. It was really big but only one page is the food menu, the rest are beverages. The lunch specials are 8.99.. It is the main with soup/fried wontons and salad. Since there was a minimum charge of 8.50/person, we ordered one special each. the Pad Thai, Curry, and Fried Rice. The food came super quick! But we were like the second table there.. who the hell is crazy enough to eat out today.

The soup that came was sweet..spicy.. and sour at the same time. it wasn't good at all. The Curry rice came first, it was ok. The curry was a little too spicy for me (I have 0 tolerance for spiciness.. :S) but it was ok. The fried wontons were ok but a little cold. I didn't like the pad thai's noodles.. they weren't thin enough.. but the taste was very very yummy. Much better than the one from Urban Thai (Tasted/looked like spaghetti!!). The Fried Rice.. had too much salty fish (I don't know what it's called). Wayy too salty.. to the point of bitterness??

The portions were ok but for 8.99 I don't think it's worth it. I didn't like this place, definitely will not be back.

Chada Thai Fine Cuisine on Urbanspoon