Tuesday, August 19, 2008

California

So after canvas (ok place..), we drove off to seattle in the wee hours to catch the morning flight to Cali :) I was really drunk (as I should be since it was my birthday!) starting from car to airport and beginning my hangover in cali. We arrived in the early morning and went off to our first destination to eat. We didn't want to pay much for cabs, so we used the metro. Fuck, it took us like 2 hours. I was hungover, hungry, and grumpy. We finally got to eat.on.sunset. and as we sit down, the waitor asks another dude to get a black napkin, then he gives it to me.. uh.. what? no one around me had a black napkin, and I already had a white one.. I am very curious.

My friend had the steak and fries because she was rice bowl hungry (we began to describe our hunger through food. Since she doesn't like rice- when she's 90-100% hungry, she's rice bowl hungry. me- it's burger hungry). and I had the fish tacos because I still wanted a taco.
Her steak and fries were fine, mine was absolutely gross. I ended up just eating the halibut without the taco portions. The place is nice for a chill time

That night we went to two and a half men taping (charlie sheen said hi specifically to us :D) and they gave us free pizza and water. nice. It got really late and I couldn't make the geisha house reservations :( I really wanted to try that place.

The next day, after an amazing sleep since we hadn't slept in a nice bed for about practically 3 days. We were revved up for Gordon Ramsay at the London. Wow this hotel+restuarant is beautiful. We sat next to a loud couple which kinda turned me off. The bread was gross. However, the lamb i had absolutely made up for it. It was the best meal I had the whole trip. The lamb and lamb shoulder were done just right and complimented well with the mashed potatoes and asparagus. mmmmm. I am drooling as I think about it. The dessert I had, the tapioca wasn't that great. The dabs of orange sauce? made it too sour for my liking. I like tapioca the asian way more.

more pics at my flickr