Friday, July 25, 2008

Kerrisdale

I had to go to my doctor today which is in Oakridge Center (so far). This is the first time I've ventured in Kerrisdale. it's so .. weird. haha. I don't know, maybe I am not used to it..

We went to Fish Cafe because I've heard such good things about it and shared a fish and chips. The fish was absolutely bland, no taste whatsoever. the fries were ok. The place seemed really clean and fresh, but I didn't really like it.. Once again I am not a good judge because I don't like heavily battered food.

Next door was this really cute Adonia tea house that my friend really wanted to try. It was a nice asian tea house. We just wanted to share one afternoon tea which was allowed. The mini finger foods included chocolate cupcake, chocolate roll, coconut cupcake, egg salad sandwich, tuna salad sandwich, and salami+cheese+scone. It came with a tea. They were all really good, and I think this would be a great place to come with my mother one day.

We also went to Sweet-e's which was a small pastry shop. They didn't have a lot of cakes, but we had the chocolate swirl cheesecake and peanut butter pop. the cheesecake was yummy but the pop was not.

Sushi Hachi was a small japanese place with a really good lunch deal. 2 items + miso for 6.95. We shared the chicken karaage and chicken terriyaki roll which were adequate. Nothing spectacular or anything.

Finest At Sea was a let down. I read about how the crab cakes are really good but they were one of the worst I've ever had (and I eat a lot of crab cakes if you haven't noticed). It was all batter! Very little crab, just batter and some tomato. ugh.

We also went to Secret Garden but the prices were too expensive and they wouldn't let us share like Adonia did so we left.. I felt a little weird inside also..