Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Phnom Penh

I've read about this place A LOT and it surprises me that I've never seen it .. I used to go to chinatown.. a lot.. :|

We had the Butter Beef, Chicken Wings, Papaya Salad, Beef noodle soup, sugar cane wrapped in shrimp and taro tapioca dessert.

The papaya salad was spicy and not my cup of tea. The chicken wings were good, a little sweet and tasty - but so fatty :( beef noodle soup was o-k.. I am not a huge fan of noodles but I think I've had better. The butter beef was surprisingly good since I am not a huge fan of raw beef (or beef carpaccio) The shrimp was So not worth it. It cost 16 dollars for 4 tiny shrimps and we could barely taste the shrimp. I've had better. We thought we ordered the small order (even when the server said it was the small order) and then charges us for the regular size. We even asked him and he just looks at us and goes oh sorry. we were like watever, he's a young boy.. it's ok. The taro dessert was really good though because there was lots of taro.




I think I would like to come back one day and try the lemongrass chicken and a moo shake.

Phnom Penh on Urbanspoon