Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Best Restaurant in Vancouver?

My parents decided to treat me one night to a 3 course dinner to anywhere I wanted. I decided on West on Granville. It has been rated as the best restaurant in Van.. I beg to differ..?

Local morels stuffed with side stripe prawns and basil, lobster essence. It was my first time eating morels. I didn't like the texture of it and what the hell is with the foam.

Honey and clove braised pork cheeks. Nothing special. I would have expected the taste to be better. However, it was kind of bland..

Polderside farms organic pekin duck 2 ways with seared foie gras, caramelized endive, apricot jus. My father had this. He had the most problems with the word pekin. He kept thinking peking and how it was a "chinese" dish. no dad. no.

Desserts were yummy though. I loveee desserts <3